Field Service Personnel Route Optimization
Your field service personnel (e.g. technicians, salesforce, customer representatives) are hitting the road everyday for customer visits. In addition to focusing on minimizing travel distance/time for cost saving and better utilization; you should consider other factors that define good route plans:
- The skill-set alignment with customers’/location’s needs
- Respecting the desired visiting time windows of customers
- Respecting desired weekly/monthly visit frequencies for customers
- A predictable work schedule and visibility for both your personnel and customers
Classical routing solutions just focus on minimizing the distance they travel so that you can save on fuel costs. Is that enough?
- Considers desired visit frequencies, must-go-days (e.g. You need to visit 3 times a week, but it must include a Wednesday), never-go-days (e.g. You need to visit 3 times a week, but it should not contain Thursday )
- Provides a flexible routing objective where you can combine fuel and personnel costs with rewards and penalties that arise from different assignments between resources and customers
- Allows fixing part of the solution yourself and leave the rest to our optimizer
- Balances workload by number of locations or by total number of visits among your personnel
- Opening and closing hours of each location and specific time-windows of each order are considered for customer satisfaction and feasibility
- In a tight day with many orders and low resources, important orders can be given high priority to minimize lateness of critical orders
No more manual adjustments, just put all your business objectives, costs, rules, priorities, partially-fixed routes, and leave the rest to our optimizer which will balance everything for you in seconds.
Please contact us for a demo